Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My weekend in Oregon

Melissa and I went to Seaside, OR last weekend for a friend that was celebrating her 30th birthday. The Oregon coast is of course a beautiful place to spend time, and we had a lot of fun renting a house with 8 other people. My weekends are often filled with bicycle events in Seattle, and it sometimes feels difficult to pull myself away. I had a great time, and of course, as I always say, next time I'll bring the bike.

Astoria is where much of the filming for Goonies took place, and on our way home, we stopped by some of the locations. It is still amazing to me how many people stop by to get their picture taken in front of the County Jail, or Mikey's house on the hill. I was there in 2006, and in the pouring rain, Andrew and I weren't the only ones getting a snapshot of us standing thumbs up in front of the "Goonies House." This time the weather was much nicer, so there were many more people.

Apparently there are some people out there that don't see the appeal of "The Goonies." The movie was released in 1985, so some younger folks have no idea what the big deal is about. I won't even go into it. Either you are into or not, and if you're not, oh well, your loss.
A screen shot that unfortunately didn't make it into the final edit:

It's good to be home. Now I go back to the basement and finish building up my neighbors bike, and put on the Colnago's vintage Campagnolo Nuovo Record dérailleur that Justin so awesomely helped me secure yesterday.
If you remember nothing else.... Remember: Goonies never say die.

No comments:

Post a Comment