Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chad Gerlach- An Intervention

A friend of mine came to town a while back and showed me her favorite episodes of "Intervention." I think that there are two types of people that watch Intervention. Those that are deeply saddened and affected by the stories of the individuals featured, and those that are intrigued by making a drinking game out of the show, similar to "Three Sheets." Unfortunately, I would generally fall into the latter category, but also having a soft spot for cyclists (famous or not,) I decided to watch as Chad's life of smoking crack, drinking, and living on the street unfolded before me.
After the three or so cut up episodes were viewed on Youtube, Chad went into rehab, and I hoped for the best for him; thinking that it would really take some love from his former team mates and sponsors to get him on a team again, and that if he didn't get on a team again, the future looked bleak for ol' Chad.
Apparently there are some folks out there that believe people have shitty streaks, make some bad decisions, and deserve another chance. So I bring you this tasty bit of news that will make you warm and fuzzy inside like a little puppy dog. Amore E Vita, with the help of Chad's old team mate Roberto Gaggioli have him on the team, after 6 years down his rocky road of addiction. I saw the article and interview on Bike Radar, and you can too....
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment