Sunday, March 29, 2009

21st annual old bike swap

Made it down to Kent to check out the swap today. Next year I won't get there late. And next year I will have some cash to spend. A very impressive collection of bikes, many having been forgotten in sheds and barns for years.
Quite a few bmx parts were there, and though there may have been some there earlier, I didn't see much track-based stuff. I love looking through old parts and frames. The lines that the designs have are sometimes sleek, sometimes chunky- and the technologies of yesterday seem so far away and antiquated.
All in all I felt at home wandering around the Kent Armory, digging through boxes of old parts, surrounded by people like me that for some reason or another love bikes. Some might even call it an obsession. I'm ok with that.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment